Handling Specialty worked collaboratively with a transportation company to design and manufacture equipment to be used in the testing and assembly of railcar bogies (also called wheelsets or trucks).This was a custom project requiring extensive collaboration between the customer and Handling Specialty’s engineering team, to ensure the equipment met the customer’s precise requirements.
- High efficiency ballscrews provide smooth, quiet, efficient, high speed operation
- Synchronization of the lifting screws ensures that the platform remains level during the entire vertical travel
- Redundant brake motors provide backup braking should the brake on one motor fail to engage
- Self aligning screw mounts allow the ballscrews to self align to the lifting jacks, ensuring proper alignment and maintaining their expected life
- Actuation provides precise motion, accurate positioning and ability to maintain vertical positioning for extended periods of time